Sunday, December 20, 2015

Welcome To The Lone Star State


Many Texans view our great state as more of a country than just a sibling of the United States of America. From a square mile standpoint, Texas is larger than many counties and in recent years our population has been growing as well.

It's not just the size of Texas that makes it special, but the different types of climate that are found too. For example, normal weather conditions in El Paso are completely different from what are found in Amarillo, Corpus Christi or Tyler / Longview. It's not uncommon for East Texas to see more rain in a one week period of time than areas of the Big Bend will see in an entire year.

There is one constant when it comes to the state of Texas and that involves the friendliness and neighborly personalities shown by most citizens. Especially in rural areas of the Texas Panhandle and far West Texas near Midland and Odessa, it is not uncommon to witness acts of kindness given freely to both friends, neighbors and total strangers.

Every time I leave my birthplace and home, my heart becomes homesick within a matter of days. After a long vacation outside of Texas - seeing that 'Welcome To Texas' sign always brings a smile to my face, because I know I'm home even though it's still hundreds of miles until I arrive at my house.

Follow Texas News Blog
Facebook - Twitter


No comments: