Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I-40 Bridge In Amarillo To Be Torn Down


A fatal semi truck crash Monday morning caused major damage to the bridge at I-40 and Bushland Road. Due to the damage, the bridge will have to be torn down and rebuilt.

The Potter County Sheriff's Office said on their Facebook page, the westbound overpass is what will need to be torn down. North or southbound traffic will not be allowed under the underpass until further notice.

Read More Texas Breaking News

According to PCSO, I-40 westbound traffic will need to exit at Arnot Road and travel along the service road on the north side of I-40. The access road will become a one-way street until traffic can merge back onto I-40.

Traffic on the north side of I-40 that needs to get to the south side will have to travel down Atkisson Road to cross over. That traffic will be able to come back down the service road to Bushland Road.

Follow Texas News Blog
Facebook - Twitter - Google+

Source: ABC7AMARILLO

No comments: