A Lubbock woman has filed a lawsuit claiming that she is legally blind after wearing cosmetic contacts she purchased from a flea market.
According to the lawsuit, Liza Garcia went to the National Flea Market of Lubbock on Feb. 9 to purchase cosmetic contact lenses from the One Stop Contact Lenses booth. She said she had purchased contact lenses there before, according to the lawsuit.
The lawsuit says after three days of wearing the contacts, Garcia's eyes began to burn and became swollen. She went to the hospital and was diagnosed with a bacterial infection in her eyes, caused by the Bella contact lens.