Wednesday, March 8, 2017

75-Year-Old Punched In The Face At Walmart


Atlanta Police are looking for a woman accused of punching an elderly woman in the face inside an Atlanta Walmart.

On Sunday, a 75-year-old woman went to the Walmart located at 1801 Howell Mill Road around 9:30 a.m. She was in a wheelchair heading down the bread aisle when another woman, police later identified as Alexis Venderburg, came around the corner. The two almost collided, police said.

"I thought she was going to go around," said the elderly woman, who asked 11Alive not to use her name. "She looked at me and she said, 'I want to get some bread, white [expletive]. I said, 'Well excuse me.'"
She said as she wheeled her scooter away from Vanderburg, she said in a low tone, "No you move out the way," also calling Venderburg a profane name.

"I'm not going to tell no lie," the victim said. "As I went around her, I said, 'You're the [expletive]."

Venderburg must have heard what she said because she started following her around the store.

Read Texas News

"There wasn't anybody in the aisle, and the next thing you know she was jumping on me," the grandmother said.

According to the police report, Venderburg punched the woman repeatedly in the face leaving her with a bloody nose and bruises.

"She kept socking me in my glasses, and then hitting me in my mouth. I started hollering, 'Help, help.'"

Despite her screams, the grandmother said that no one came to her rescue.

"Nobody came to help to me when that was going on," she said.

But once the grandmother started screaming for help, Venderburg left the store.

Follow Texas News Blog
Facebook - Twitter - Google+

Source: KHOU

No comments: