Thursday, March 16, 2017

Woman's Headphones Explode During Flight


It's a travelers nightmare. A woman on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne said her headphones exploded while she had them on.

The woman said she was listening to music using a pair of her battery-operated headphones. About two hours into her flight while she was sleeping, she said she heard an explosion.

"As I went to turn around, I felt burning on my face," she told the Australian Transport Safety Bureau. "I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck.

She said she felt the burning and immediately took them off and threw them on the floor.

"They were sparking and had small amounts of fire," the woman said.

A flight attendant poured a bucket of water on the headphones to extinguish the fire. The battery and cover were melted and stuck to the floor of the plane.

The woman said there was a strong smell of melted plastic, burnt electronics and hair for the remainder of the flight.
"People were coughing and choking the entire way home," the woman said.

The batteries were likely the cause of the explosion, according to the ATSB.

Follow Texas News Blog
Facebook - Twitter - Google+

Source: ABC13

No comments: