Monday, April 17, 2017

Meet Facebook Murder Victim Robert Godwin (74)


He was walking home from an Easter meal with his family when the stranger walked up to Robert Godwin Sr.

The two talk briefly before the stranger pulls out a gun and fires.

Now, police are desperately hunting for the man who killed Godwin and uploaded the video on Facebook, while Godwin's friends and family are trying to make sense of the senseless death of the 74-year-old man.

"This man right here was a good man. I hate he's gone ... I don't know what I'm going to do. ... It's not real," Godwin's son told CNN affiliate WOIO.

The son told the Cleveland Plain Dealer his father was a retired foundry worker who had nine children and 14 grandchildren. He enjoyed fishing and often was seen walking around with a plastic bag in his hand as he collected aluminum cans he saw on the ground.

That's what he was doing Sunday in Cleveland's Glenville neighborhood, a shopping bag in his hand. He had just finished an Easter meal.

He hugged my wife and me and said 'I'll see you guys next time,'" Godwin Jr. recounted. "I said 'OK, enjoy your Easter.'"

READ MORE AT KTXS

Follow Texas News Blog
Facebook - Twitter - Google+

1 comment:

Beverly Koliba said...

thats sad, some killer just picks and chooses his victims like this, hope they get his ass and fry it