Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Lubbock School Board President Collier Resigns


Melissa Collier announced her resignation from the Lubbock ISD Board of Trustees today in a letter to fellow board members. Collier was elected to an at-large position on the board in 2010, and she was selected as president by her peers in 2016. Collier’s current term expires in May 2020.

Collier, co-owner of Collier Construction and mother of two Lubbock ISD students, said the resignation comes at a time when demands on her time as the co-owner of a growing business and a very involved parent make it more difficult to serve in a third role as an elected official.

"My own children will be making transitions into middle school and high school, and I need to balance their needs with my role as a business owner. Things are going very well in Lubbock ISD, and I think this is a good time to hand the reins to someone else," Collier said. "I feel very good about the outstanding educational opportunities being offered to students in Lubbock ISD, and I am proud of the work done by the administration and my colleagues on the board," she added.

READ MORE AT KCBD

Follow Texas News Blog
Facebook - Twitter - Google+
Tumblr - Feedly - Burner

No comments: