Monday, December 21, 2015

Houston On My Mind


More Texans live in Houston than any other city. While I have never lived in Texas' largest city, I have visited there many times over the years.

There are many fun things to do in Houston, like visiting NASA. As a kid and still today, space exploration has always been something that interested me. While the oil and gas industry created most of the population growth of Houston over the past five or six decades, NASA also aided in bringing high paying jobs to the area as well.

Insiders' Guide® to Houston (Insiders' Guide Series)

Another thing I love about Houston is it's downtown section of tall skyscrapers, which are very artistically beautiful compared to other large cities. It's easy to know what city you are looking at when the downtown section of Houston is shown in a picture or on television.

There is one thing I really don't like about Houston and that is the large number toll roads that are easy to accidentally get trapped on by folks from out-of-town trying to travel around the city. That said, I think the benefits far outweigh the downside of bad traffic in Texas' largest city.

Follow Texas News Blog
Facebook - Twitter